1. Because no one can change the past
Whatever mistakes I made are made. I can do nothing at this point to change them, so why should I be stuck on the past?
2. Because God's mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23)
If God can renew his mercies every morning, I can renew my positivity and forgive anyone (even myself) every morning.
3. Because I'm grateful for the blessings I do have
I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and breath in my lungs. Those three things combined are a hazy dream for some, so it should be more than enough for me.
4. Because I am loved
God above all else cherishes me and loves me dearly (John 3:16), my family loves me, my friends love me. It is an immense blessing to have people in the world who genuinely adore you.
5. Because I am valuable
Despite the many mistakes i've made and probably will continue to make, I am valuable. God has a plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11) and he would not continuously put breath in my lungs day after day if there wasn't a reason he wanted me to continue living.
About Me
Welcome, my name is Courtney! You've entered my sanctuary for various rants and personal growth chats. Please, grab yourself a nice warm cup of coffee and stay for a while. Make sure you say hello while you're at it, I don't bite(:
Popular Posts
-
1. Because no one can change the past Whatever mistakes I made are made. I can do nothing at this point to change them, so why should I b...
-
"You're single, what do you know?" A lot honey. A lot. You see, I've had the pleasure of watching my friends a...
-
My parents have never been the spontaneous types. Everything we do as a family has to be thought out and planned ahead of time (a little iro...
-
It is officially day one of the "write every night" challenge (yes, I unintentionally renamed it...it will probably adapt a few ...
-
It feels good to have a place to regather my thoughts. Reflect. Progress. I missed this place. Don't worry, I won't bore you to de...
-
I recently ran into a childhood friend and lets just say this brief reunion has marked me in a way I wasn't expecting. I have kn...
-
It's 5:39 am. I am high off of two coffee's, a few pitbull songs, and at this point, the thought of getting to watch the sunrise...
-
Prepare for a much-needed rant. I am going to try to make this as readable as I possibly can by breaking up my paragraphs a bit. I doubt t...
-
I wanted to bang my head on my laptop keyboard over and over and over again until the situation could be erased from my (& hopefully...
-
The lovely moment pictured above would have never been a reality had a certain thing not gone wrong. You see, the plan for that night was...
0 comments:
Post a Comment